ArcGIS Geodatabase Design with UML
Geodatabase design using open standardsEnterprise Architect supports the design of geodatabases for the ArcGIS 10 platform developed by Esri Inc. ArcGIS is supported out-of-the-box for users of Enterprise Architect Professional edition and above!
- UML profile for ArcGIS
- New ArcGIS diagram type and toolbox
- Model patterns and validation for ArcGIS Workspaces
- Quick Linker to help build valid ArcGIS schemas
- Generate ArcGIS 10 schemas in XML
- Reverse engineer legacy geodatabases in UML
Communicate Geospatial DesignsAs a standards-based modeling environment, Enterprise Architect empowers geospatial domain experts:
- Visualize geodatabase designs using UML
- Communicate designs to all stakeholders
- Link geodatabase designs directly to enterprise models and requirements
- Trace from corporate strategy to realization by critical GIS components.
Model and Generate Geodatabase SchemasVisual modeling of geospatial databases can help to improve productivity. Enterprise Architect now includes Sparx Systems' UML profile for ArcGIS. Simply drag and drop ArcGIS feature types onto a diagram and visually connect these elements, just as you would for a UML Class diagram. Then leverage Enterprise Architect's built-in schema generator to create an ArcGIS workspace from your model. Document once and eliminate manual implementation!
Visualize Legacy GeodatabasesYou can also work in reverse. If you have a legacy geospatial database that you need to visualize, simply import the XML workspace document that contains the ArcGIS schema, and Enterprise Architect will do the rest. You'll have a visual model of your geodatabase, based on industry-standard UML notation. You can easily navigate reverse engineered geodatabase models using built-in tools, such as Enterprise Architect's Pan & Zoom view and the model search facility.
- See the ArcGIS profile in action: Introductory Video
- Download the example: House-Smartmeter model
- Follow our step-by-step geodatabase design tutorial:
- Leverage your existing Visio ArcGIS models
- Validate ArcGIS Models in Enterprise Architect
- Training course on ArcGIS modeling by Sparx Systems' partner Cephas Consulting
Get Started:ArcGIS modeling tools are built into Enterprise Architect. Get the latest Enterprise Architect installer and try it today!
ArcGIS and ArcCatalog are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Support for modeling ArcGIS databases in Enterprise Architect was developed in collaboration with the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), who defined mappings between UML 2 and ArcGIS concepts, and prototyped an automated import and export capability for ArcGIS geodatabase schemas represented in UML.