Within a document, you can insert hyperlinks to display material held outside the document, such as external documents, Help topics or web pages.
Access Select 'Insert' from the menu bar at the top of the Document Editor window, or right-click and select 'Insert' within either:
- The 'Content' panel of the Document Template Designer or
- The text area of the document
To insert a hyperlink, right-click on the point in the text at which to create it and select the 'Insert | Hyperlink' option; the 'Insert Hyperlink' dialog displays.
In the 'Link Text' field, type the text to be hyperlinked and, in the 'Link Code' field, type or paste the:
- Web page URL
- Help topic file name or
- External file path and name
To capture the Help topic file name and path, right-click on the displayed topic and copy the file name and path from the address field at the top of the screen.
Click on the ; the hyperlinked text displays in the document. Edit the sentence to accommodate the link text.
To display the web page, Help page or external document:
- Linked in a document, double-click on the link
- Linked in a report template, compile the report and click on the hyperlink in the report
In a Team Review document, you can also insert hyperlinks to related objects in the model.