Eriksson-Penker extensions (developed by H. E. Eriksson and M. Penker) provide a framework for UML business processing model extensions, to which an enterprise architect can add stereotypes and properties appropriate to their business.
Access Diagram | Toolbox : More Tools | Eriksson-Penker Extensions
Eriksson-Penker in Enterprise Architect
Enterprise Architect provides - through the integration of MDG Technologies with the installer - two well-respected and proven UML extensions that further enhance the capture of business activities, processes, objects and information flows.
One of these is Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
The other is the Eriksson-Penker profile which, through a set of stereotypes, provides a unique and powerful means of visualizing and communicating business processes and the necessary flow of information within an organization.
The Eriksson-Penker extensions are provided in the form of:
- An Eriksson-Penker diagram type, accessed through the 'New Diagram' dialog
- An Eriksson-Penker page in the Toolbox
- Eriksson-Penker element and relationship entries in the 'Toolbox Shortcut' menu and Quick Linker
This is an example of a simple Eriksson-Penker diagram:
- The Business Process Model (Online Resource)
Learning Center topics
- Alt+F1 | Enterprise Architect | Modeling Languages | Business | Eriksson Penker