UPDM Example Model
The UPDM Example Model shows the common civilian maritime search and rescue operation for a yacht in distress. It is based on the Search and Rescue (SAR) example given in the UPDM specification document, which illustrates how UPDM can support DoDAF and MODAF, providing a model defining a sample of DoDAF and MODAF views addressing a typical problem space.
Access Extensions | UPDM | Open Example Model
When you open the example model, its default diagram displays. This is a UPDM Framework Diagram. which has colored swimlanes for each of:
- All Views (AV)
- Strategic View (StV)
- Operational View (OV)
- Service Oriented View (SOV)
- Systems View (SV) and
- Acquisition View (AcV)
In each swimlane are elements that act as hyperlinks to individual Views. You can access a View by double-clicking on the corresponding element.
- Most of the Views are Package elements; double-clicking on one opens the Package's child diagram
- The AV-1 Overview and Summary Information element is a Document Artifact; double-clicking on it opens the document in the Enterprise Architect document editor
- The StV-5 and SOV-3 elements are hyperlinks to Relationship Matrix profiles; double-clicking them opens the Relationship Matrix
- The OV-3 element is a hyperlink to a custom SQL query; double-clicking it executes the query and presents the results in a tabular form