To deploy Add-Ins to users' sites, follow the steps below:
- Add the Add-In DLL file to an appropriate directory on the user's computer; that is, C:\Program Files\[new dir].
- Register the DLL as appropriate to your platform:
- If compiled as a native Win32 DDL, such as VB6 or C++, register the DDL using the regsvr32 command from the command prompt; for example:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\MyCompany\EAAddin\EAAddin.dll"
- If compiled as a .NET DLL, such as C# or VB.NET, register the DLL using the RegAsm command from the command prompt; for example:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe "C:\Program Files\MyCompany\EAAddin\EAAddin.dll" /codebase
- Place a new entry into the registry using the registry editor (run regedit) so that Enterprise Architect recognizes the presence of your Add-In.
- Add a new key value EAAddIns under the location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sparx Systems
- Add a new key under this key with the project name.
[ProjectName] is not necessarily the name of your DLL, but the name of the Project. In Visual Basic, this is the value for the property Name corresponding to the project file.
- Specify the default value by modifying the default value of the key.
- Enter the value of the key by typing in the [project name].[class name]; for example, EaRequirements.Requirements, where EaRequirements is the project name, as shown in the example below.
The material ("material" includes all pages, documents and on-line graphics) on this web site is protected by copyright law. (C) 1998-2010 Sparx Systems Pty Ltd.