Add a View to a Model
A View is the highest-level container, or package, within a model.
There are six types of View, five of which represent conventional ways of categorizing the structures or purposes of a model, and one (Simple View) for developing your own categorization.
To create a View, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on your model name in the Project Browser. The context menu displays.
- Select the New View menu option. The Create New View dialog displays.
- In the Name field, type the name of the View.
- In the Set View Icon Style panel, click on the radio button for the type of View to create.
- If the model root node had been under version control, an Add to Version Control checkbox would display, defaulted to selected. Ignore this for now.
- Click on the OK button.
Add a Package To Your Model
Now that you have created a View in the model, you can add a package and diagram to that View or any other in the model, and then add elements and connectors (relationships).