The Toolbars tab on the Customize dialog enables you to:
- Hide or show toolbars by selecting the appropriate checkbox
- Rename toolbars
- Create new toolbars
- Delete toolbars
- Modify toolbar contents by dragging commands from the Commands tab onto a visible toolbar
- Reset a toolbar (or all toolbars) to the default contents and position, and
- Display text labels under the toolbar icons (perhaps temporarily, just to check what the icons do).
To create a new toolbar and populate it with commands:
- Select the Tools | Customize menu option. The Customize dialog displays.
- Click on the Toolbars tab.
- Click on the New button. The Toolbar Name dialog displays.
- In the Toolbar Name field, type a name for your new toolbar and click on the OK button. Your new toolbar is created.
You can select the Show text labels checkbox to display textual descriptions of toolbar items.
- Now add commands to your toolbar. Click on the Commands tab. This forces the new toolbar behind the Customize dialog, so you might have to drag the Customize dialog to the side to find your new toolbar.
- Find the command to add to your toolbar in the Commands list. The Categories list on the left represents the Enterprise Architect menu structure and the Commands list updates each time you click on a different category.
- Drag the selected command from the list into the new toolbar. If you selected the Show text labels checkbox, your toolbar should now look like this:
If you did not select the Show text labels checkbox, your toolbar should look like this:
You can add as many commands to your toolbar as required. Your new toolbar behaves the same way as other toolbars; you can position it next to the other toolbars at the top of the application workspace, dock it to the side of the workspace or close it.