The Tools tab on the Customize dialog provides a means of extending the power of the Enterprise Architect desktop.
From this toolbar you can configure custom tools and make them accessible from the Main Menu. You can create menu options that hyperlink to different applications, compilers, batch scripts, automation scripts, URLs or documentation.
Add and Configure Custom Tools
- Select the Tools | Customize menu option. The Customize dialog displays.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Click on the New icon (left of the red X ). A blank field displays in the Menu contents list.
- Type in the name of the tool as it should appear in the menu.
- In the Command field, type the name of the tool .exe file to use; the tool must be a valid filename.
Programs installed with your operating system (such as Notepad, Wordpad) do not require a full file path. Programs installed separately (such as Microsoft Visual Studio) require the full file path in the Command field. If necessary, use the [ ... ] (Browse) button to locate the tool in the file system.
- Add any arguments required by the tool (see Opening External Tools and Passing Parameters to External Applications), and specify an initial directory if required.
- Close the Customize dialog. Your tool should have now been added to the Tools menu as shown below.