The Output Window
Access: View | System Output.
The Output window is used to display data that is either system generated or Add-In generated.
Examples of situations where Enterprise Architect generates items include:
- Validation Items
- Launch of external processes
- Command line output from Build and Test
- Parse errors generated during import
- (Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect) In the Audit History tab, a history of changes to any element or connector selected from the Audit View, the Element List, the Project Browser or the current diagram (Auditing must be turned on)
- Re-docking the Model Search results into the Output window.
You can drag suitable items out of the Output window and add them to diagrams.
Double-click on model validation errors or parsing errors to display the source of the error.
You can also right-click on an item and select context menu options to:
- Copy the selected item to the clipboard
- Copy all items to the clipboard
- Save the output to an external file
- Clear the output from the window.