When you install Enterprise Architect on your computer, a new program folder called Enterprise Architect is created in your Start menu (unless you changed the default name during installation).
Start Enterprise Architect
You can start Enterprise Architect from the icon created on your Windows desktop during installation, or alternatively:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Locate the Enterprise Architect program folder.
- Select Enterprise Architect.
After a short pause, the Start Page displays. From this page you can:
- Open a project file (.EAP file)
- Create a new project (.EAP file)
- Connect to a DBMS repository (Corporate and extended editions).
By default, when you install Enterprise Architect, an empty 'starter' project called 'EABase.EAP' is installed, as well as an example project named 'EAExample.EAP'. We recommend that new users select the 'EAExample' file and explore it in some detail while you become familiar with UML and software engineering using Enterprise Architect.
To begin a guided exploration of Enterprise Architect immediately, go to the A Quick Start Tutorial topic.