The Status bar displays at the bottom of the Enterprise Architect workspace. It provides feedback on current operations and other status information, and enables you to enlarge the scale of the diagram.
In particular the Status bar:
- Identifies the type and name of the currently selected element in a diagram (or the status of a Model Search)
- Identifies the name of the currently-selected feature, if one is selected
- Provides the current coordinates of the top left corner of the selected element, and its width and height
- Provides a zoom slider that enables you to enlarge the scale of the current diagram by up to 50%
This facility has no impact on other users who might view the diagram. It has the same function as the Scale view by field on the Diagram Appearance page of the Options dialog; changes in the 'zoomed' display scale of a diagram update this field and are applied to any other diagrams that you open.
This also has no impact any other diagram Zoom facility in Enterprise Architect.
- Indicates the status of [Caps Lock], [Num Lock], [ScrLk] (scroll lock) and the WAN Optimizer (bold indicates 'in use', pale indicates 'off')
- Indicates, by the presence of a triangle in the bottom right corner, that the screen is not maximized; you can drag the screen corner to increase the size of the window.
If you right-click on the Status bar, a context menu displays that enables you to hide or show the element name, element coordinates, zoom slider or status indicators.
You can hide or show the Status bar from the View | Toolbars | Status Bar menu option, but you cannot dock it in any other position.