Register a Full License
The trial version of Enterprise Architect available for download is an evaluation version only. For the full version you must first purchase one or more licenses.
The license supplied determines which edition (Enterprise Architect Desktop, Professional, Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering or Ultimate) is activated after installation.
The Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions can be activated by either a private license key or a shared (floating) license key. Shared license keys, for a user population that includes temporary users, are checked out of and in to a Sparx Systems keystore.
Private license keys and shared license keys have different formats, so you cannot use one in place of the other.
Register Enterprise Architect
To obtain the full version and complete the registration process, follow the steps below:
- Purchase one or more licenses.
Once you have paid for a licensed version of Enterprise Architect, you receive (via email or other suitable means):
- a license key or keys
- the address of a web site from which to download the full version
- if you have purchased a Sparx Systems key store, the address of a web site from which to download the keystore.
- Save the license key(s) and download the latest full install package from the address supplied.
- Run the setup program to install the full version.
- Open Enterprise Architect from the Start Menu or desktop icon. The License Management dialog displays.
- Click on the Add Key button. The Add Registration Key dialog displays.
- Refer to the Add License Key topic.
- Click on the OK button. The full version is now activated on your PC, and Enterprise Architect displays the message: Registration succeeded! Thank you for purchasing Enterprise Architect <type> Edition.
See Also (in Project Development in Enterprise Architect):