A Change element is a structured comment that contains information about requested changes to the system/model. This corresponds in some sense to a change in requirements for the current system. A Change element looks the same as a Requirement element:
You can connect Changes using Realization connectors to model elements that implement the Change, and you can structure a hierarchy of changes using Aggregation.
Change elements can be created with or without an identifying C in the top right corner of the element. To toggle the display of this letter, select or deselect the Show stereotype icon for requirements checkbox on the Options dialog, Objects page.
Add a Change Using the Toolbox
To add a Change to the model using the Toolbox:
- Open a Custom diagram.
- From the Custom pages or Common page of the Toolbox, drag the Change icon onto the diagram.
- Enter the details as required.
Add a Change Using the Insert New Element Dialog
To add a Change to the model using the Insert New Element dialog, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on a package in the Project Browser.
- Select the Insert | New Element context menu option. The New Element dialog displays.
- In the Type field, click on the drop-down arrow and select Change.
- In the Name field, type a name for the element.
- Click on the OK button.