A Defect (or Issue) element is a structured comment that contains information about defects and issues that relate to the system or model. This corresponds in some sense to a failure to meet defined requirements for the current system. An Issue element looks the same as a Requirement element:
You can link Issues using Realize connectors to model elements that are responsible for the defect. You can even structure a hierarchy of Issues using aggregation.
Issue elements can be created with or without an identifying I in the top right corner of the element. To toggle the display of this letter, select or deselect the Show stereotype icon for requirements checkbox on the Options dialog, Objects page.
Add an Issue Using the Toolbox
To add an Issue to the model using the Toolbox:
- Open a Custom diagram.
- From the Custom pages or Common page of the Toolbox, drag the Issue icon onto the diagram.
- Enter the details as required.
Add an Issue Using the Insert New Element Dialog
To add an Issue to the model using the Insert New Element dialog, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on a package in the Project Browser.
- Select the Insert | New Element context menu option. The New Element dialog displays.
- In the Type field, click on the drop-down arrow and select Issue.
- In the Name field, type a name for the element.
- Click on the OK button.