Add a Package
To create a new package:
- In the Project Browser, select the package or view under which to add a new package.
- Right-click on the folder icon within the Project Browser. The context menu displays.
- Select the Add | Add Package menu option. The New Model Package dialog displays.
- In the Package Name field type the name of the new package.
- To immediately create a diagram for the package, leave the Automatically add new diagram checkbox selected. To avoid creating a diagram, deselect the checkbox.
- If you are adding a package to a parent package that is under version control, the Add to Version Control option displays, with the checkbox selected. Deselect the checkbox to exclude the new package from version control, otherwise leave it selected.
- Click on the OK button. The new package is inserted into the tree at the current location and, if you left the Automatically add new diagram checkbox selected, the New Diagram dialog displays.
- If you have selected to put the package under version control, the Package Control Options dialog displays. Complete this dialog as required.
You can also add a new package element by dragging the Package icon from the Toolbox into a diagram. In this case the package is created under the diagram's owning package, and is created with a default diagram of the same type as that in which the package is created.
In a multi-user environment, other users do not see the change until they reload their project.