Change the Source or Target Element
After you have created a connector between two elements, you might later want to change either the source or target. Instead of deleting and re-creating the connector, Enterprise Architect enables you to change the source or target. There are two ways of doing this: using the Set Source and Target dialog or using the mouse.
Using the Set Source and Target dialog
To change the source or target element of a connector using the Set Source and Target dialog, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the connector to open the context menu.
- Select the Advanced | Set Source and Target menu option. The Set Source and Target dialog displays.
- Click on the drop-down arrows on the From Element and To Element fields, and select the source and target elements.
- Click on the OK button to apply changes.
Using the Mouse
To change the source or target element of a connector using the mouse, follow the steps below:
- Click on the connector and position the cursor over the 'handle' at one end.
- When the cursor changes, click the mouse and drag the handle to the new element.
The connector does not actually move until you release the mouse button over the new source or target element. However: