Create Custom Diagram Background
Enterprise Architect diagrams have a single-color 'wash' background that you can set to a solid color or a fade gradient down the screen.
You set the color on the Standard Colors page of the Options dialog, and whether to have a fade gradient on the Diagram Appearance page. Alternatively, using the Image Manager dialog, you can create a non-tiled background for diagrams.
To set a background using the Image Manager, follow the steps below:
- Create a Boundary object from the Use Case Elements page of the Toolbox. Do not use the Boundary element from any other section of the Toolbox.
- Stretch the Boundary to a size that can contain all of the elements you intend to place on the diagram, and drag it to the edges of the diagram workspace.
- Right-click on the Boundary element. The context menu displays.
- Select the Z-Order | Send to Bottom menu option. This ensures that the Boundary is not displayed in front of any other element in the diagram.
- Press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[W], or
- Right-click on the Boundary to display the context menu, and select the Appearance | Alternate Image menu option.
- On the Image Manager dialog, select an appropriate image as the diagram background and ensure that the image size is large enough to span the required size of the diagram background.
- When you have selected the required image, click on the OK button.
Alternatively, you can copy an image from another source onto the Windows clipboard, right-click on the Boundary element in the Enterprise Architect diagram, and select the Appearance | Apply Image From Clipboard context menu option.