Replace or Delete Documents
If a linked document is out of date, you can either edit the text or replace the entire contents from another file. To replace the contents:
- Click in the body of the document and press [Ctrl]+[A] to select all the document text.
- Press [Delete].
- Right-click and select the File | Import context menu option. The Windows Open dialog displays, in which you can browse for the file to import into the document.
- Click on the Save icon in the Linked Document screen toolbar.
Alternatively, you can delete the linked document. To do this:
- Click on an element in the Project Browser or diagram, and either:
- select the Element | Delete Linked Document menu option or
- right-click and select the Delete Linked Document context menu option.
- Enterprise Architect prompts you to confirm the deletion; click on the Yes button.
If required, you can now create another linked document for the element.