The Diagram View is the main workspace window that enables you to create and display diagrams.
You open a diagram by double-clicking on the diagram name in the Project Browser. You can then open further diagrams in the same way, or from within an open diagram by clicking on hyperlinks or elements that contain other diagrams. You can open many diagrams, but you can view only one at a time.
Across the top of a diagram is the diagram caption bar, containing the diagram statistics.
This caption bar also enables you to switch or close the diagram. The caption bar provides the:
- Icon and text label for the diagram type
- Diagram name
- Date and time the diagram was created
- Date and time the diagram was last modified
- The current magnification (zoom) of the diagram
- The diagram page size, in pixels
- A drop-down arrow that lists the currently-open diagrams; click on a diagram name to switch to that diagram
- The Window 'close cross'; click on this to close the displayed diagram.
Use the Diagram View to build model relationships and elements. Within the diagram, you can create new elements, drag in existing elements and generally organize the elements and relationships. Most work is carried out on elements in the Diagram View, so understanding how it works and how to manipulate elements is essential. Use the example project supplied with Enterprise Architect to explore the capabilities and behavior of the Diagram View.
You can also use the Element List to manipulate elements.