Edit Attribute Keyword
You can add features such as attribute keywords and classifiers directly to an element, using the Element Keywords and Classifiers menu. This enables you to rapidly assign details element item by element item, directly from a diagram. To use this feature, follow the steps below:
- In Enterprise Architect, open the diagram containing the element.
- Click on the element, and on the attribute to edit within the element. The item line is highlighted in a lighter shade (the default is white), to indicate that it has been selected.
- Right-click on the item. The context menu displays.
- Select the Edit Selected menu option (or press [F2]) to enable you to edit the attribute directly from the diagram. The name of the attribute is highlighted.
- Right-click on the attribute name to display the context menu.
- From the context menu, you can:
- Change the attribute classifier to static or fixed - select the static or fixed menu options as appropriate; the diagram is updated to reflect the changes.
- Display the Class properties - click on the Goto Definition menu option; Enterprise Architect locates the Class in the Project Browser and opens its Properties dialog.
If the data type is a raw data type, Enterprise Architect displays the message: The data type is a raw data type.