If you have created a structured scenario, you can generate any of the following diagrams from that scenario:
To generate the required diagram, follow the steps below:
- Create the scenario structure on the Structured Specification tab.
- Click on the Generate Diagram icon () in the toolbar on the tab.
- Click on the type of diagram to generate.
Enterprise Architect generates the diagram and notifies you that generation is complete. Close the Properties dialog to review the diagram.
Select the appropriate radio button to:
- Overwrite the existing diagram (delete the existing diagram and elements, and create a new diagram and elements) or
- Synchronize the elements in the existing diagram with the scenario steps (however, Sequence and Robustness diagrams cannot be synchronized).
The Synchronize elements in existing diagram option enables the Preserve Diagram Layout checkbox, which you can select to preserve the existing arrangement of elements and connectors on the diagram. Any new elements are added to the diagram in the default position, and you manually position them in the diagram as required. If you do not select the checkbox, the diagram is recast in the default layout.
It is recommended that you uncheck the Preserve Diagram Layout checkbox if you are synchronizing elements with scenario steps: