Generated Sequence Diagram
An Interaction is created as a child of the selected element, to act as a container for the diagrams - the Basic, Alternate and Exception paths are modeled as separate Sequence diagrams under the Interaction.
All the elements involved in the scenario should be identified in the Context Reference tab. That is, relationships must already exist between the scenario parent element and the other elements named in the scenario.
- Each Context Reference element named in a scenario step is modeled as a Lifeline
- The step itself becomes the Message between an originator and its destination(s)
- The first Context Reference element in a step is treated as the originator
- The subsequent Context Reference element(s) become the destination(s).
Because the diagram generator acts on element names in the step, you should take care to avoid using the element names as normal text. For example, in step 1 in the dialog below, the term ATM-Card is interpreted as a reference to the ATM element, and two Customer inserts ATM-Card into ATM Messages are generated for the step. (To avoid confusion, in the diagram the first Message has been deleted.)
- The values of the Uses, Results and State columns are added as Tagged Values of the Message.