Connectors/relations that appear in multiple diagrams can be selectively shown or hidden. This makes it easier to read diagrams where elements might have many connectors, but not all are relevant in the context of the current diagram.
Hide or Show a Connector in the Current Diagram
To hide or show a connector in the current diagram, follow the steps below:
- Double-click on the required diagram element in the Diagram view. The element Properties dialog displays.
- Select the Links tab. This lists the connectors linked to the element, whether or not they are hidden on the diagram.
- Right-click on the connector to hide or show. The context menu displays.
- Select the Show Relation menu option to show the hidden connector on the diagram, or the Hide Relation menu option to hide the visible connector.
Alternatively, hide a connector by right-clicking on it on the diagram and selecting the Visibility | Hide Connector context menu option. However, you must use the Links tab of the element Properties dialog to show the relationship again.
Certain elements, such as Requirements, do not have a Links tab in the Properties dialog. In these cases, open the Relationships window (View | Other Element Tools | Relationships) for the element and right-click on the relationship in the list to display the context menu. This enables you to hide or show that relationship in the diagram. Be aware that, in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions with security on, locks on the diagram and elements can make the required option unavailable.
Hide or Show a Connector in Other Diagrams
To hide or show a connector in other diagrams, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the connector in the diagram. The context menu displays.
- Select the Visibility | Hide Connector in Other Diagrams menu option. The Set Connector Visibility dialog displays.
- If the two connected elements have been included in other diagrams, these diagrams are listed here. In the list, all diagrams for which the checkbox is selected show the connector. Deselect the checkbox for any diagrams in which to hide the connector. If you want to display the information in a more readable layout, you can resize the dialog.
To hide the connector in all of the diagrams listed, click on the Suppress All button.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.