Insert Operation Parameter
You can add operation parameters to an operation through the in-place editing options, using hotkey commands or menu shortcuts. To add parameters to operations in a Class diagram element, follow the steps below:
- Open the diagram containing the element.
- Click on the element, and on the operation to update within the element. The item line is highlighted in a lighter shade (the default is white), to indicate that it has been selected.
- Press [F2], or right-click on the selected item to display the context menu and select the Edit Selected option.
- Move the cursor inside the parameter brackets and type the parameter name followed by a colon (for example, bks: for a vector containing books).
- Give the parameter a type. Place the cursor after the colon at the end of the name and right-click the mouse to display the inline editing options context menu; select the Insert Classifier option.
The Select <Item> dialog displays. Select the required classifier.
- Press [Enter] to accept the change or [Esc] to cancel the change. The diagram is updated to reflect the changes.
The material ("material" includes all pages, documents and on-line graphics) on this web site is protected by copyright law. (C) 1998-2010 Sparx Systems Pty Ltd.