Change Sequence Message Scope
A message in a Sequence diagram represents a dynamic interaction from one element to another. Sometimes when you are designing your model you might have to change either the start or end point of a message as the responsibilities of elements change during design. For this reason, Enterprise Architect enables you to change the message scope by setting a new start or end element.
Change Message Scope
To change message scope, follow the steps below:
- Select the message in the Sequence diagram.
- Right-click on the message to open the context menu.
- Select Advanced | Set Source and Target.
- In the pop up dialog, in the From Element and To Element fields, click on the drop-down arrows and select the required elements.
- Click on the OK button to save changes.
The message is re-routed to meet your changed requirements.