Add Elements Directly To Packages
You can quickly add new elements to a package without the necessity of adding a diagram element at the same time. This is particularly useful in defining a group of Requirements, Changes, Issues, base Classes or other element types that might not require diagrammatic representation in the model.
To add a new element to a package, follow the steps below:
- In the Project Browser, right-click on the appropriate package. The context menu displays.
- Select the Add | Add Element menu option. The New Element dialog displays.
- In the Name field, type the name of the element.
- In the Type field, click on the drop-down arrow and select the element type.
The drop-down list is populated from one of the Toolbox page groups (including profile, Add-In and MDG Technology groups). If the list does not represent the group containing the element you require, click on the Select Group button and, from the list, select the appropriate Toolbox page group. The drop-down list then shows the elements from that group.
The <default> group in the list contains a basic set of elements drawn from across the UML Behavioral and Structural groups, and the Enterprise Architect Extended groups.
- If required, in the Stereotype field either type the stereotype name or click on the drop-down arrow and select the stereotype.
- Select the Open Properties Dialog on Creation checkbox if the Properties dialog is to open immediately after the element is created.
- Deselect the Close Dialog on OK checkbox to add multiple elements in one session.
- Click on the OK button to create the element.
If you have a diagram open, the Add to Current Diagram checkbox is available and defaulted to selected to add the new element to the diagram. If you do not want the element in that diagram, deselect the checkbox.