Parameter Tagged Values
Behavioral parameters can have Tagged Values associated with them. Tagged Values offer a convenient extension mechanism for UML elements; you can define any tags you like and then assign values to them using this form.
Tagged Values are written to the XMI output, and can be input to other third party tools for code generation or other activities.
Tagged Values are supported for attributes, operations, objects and connectors.
Add a Tagged Value
To add a Tagged Value for a parameter, follow the steps below:
- Double-click on the operation, Activity or Interaction containing the parameter in a diagram or in the Project Browser. The Properties dialog displays.
- Click on the Tagged Values tab, which shows the Tagged Values for the selected object and its parameters.
- Click on the required parameter in the Parameters compartment of the Tagged Values tab, and click on the New Tags button. The Tagged Value dialog displays.
- In the Tag field, type the tag name (or select a defined tag from the drop-down list), then in the Value field type the initial tag value .
- Click on the OK button to confirm the Tagged Value.
Custom tags can be created using a predefined Tagged Value Type. For more information see Create a Custom Tagged Value.