The Scenarios & Requirements Window
Access: View | Scenarios & Requirements.
The Scenarios & Requirements window provides a convenient way to quickly add, view, edit and delete rules applied to an element.
The window shows details of the entities that impose such rules or restrictions on the element, namely:
- The element's internal responsibilities or requirements
- The element's internal constraints (not external Constraint notes)
- The element's scenarios.
The Scenarios & Requirements window is typically used to examine Use Case and Test Case elements, and any other elements that realize an external Requirement.
For convenience, you can display the window as either a dockable window around the edge of your workspace, or as a view in the center of your workspace (in which the Scenarios, Constraints and Requirements are shown on separate tabs). Use the icon in the window toolbar to toggle between these display options.
To review an internal requirement, constraint or scenario for an element:
- Select the element in the Project Browser or diagram and either press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+ or select the View | Scenarios & Requirements menu option; the Scenarios & Requirements window displays.
- Click on the required item in the list panel on the left of the window, or
- If the Element Browser is not already displayed, click on the icon and select the required item from the Constraints, Requirements or Scenarios folder.
The appropriate screen displays, with the details of the selected item in the fields.
- The toolbar icons, from left to right, enable you to :
- Add a new rule to the current screen (click on the appropriate folder to create an item of a different type)
- Save the new or edited item
- Save the current (edited) item as a new item
- Delete the current item
- Sort the contents of the selected folder into alphabetical order
- (Print icon unavailable)
- Display the Element Browser window, or highlight the current item in the Element Browser window
- Switch between a docked window display and a workspace view display.
You can also add or edit formatted notes in the Notes field, using the Notes toolbar at the top of the field.
The list panel also provides a context menu that provides options for adding a new item to a folder, deleting the selected item or, for a requirement, converting an internal responsibility into an external Requirement element.