Set Diagram Page Size
You can change the size of the diagram area (or scrollable/printable area) using the Diagram Properties dialog.
In the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect, if security is enabled you must have Update Diagrams permission to change diagram page setup.
To set the page size, follow the steps below:
- Load a diagram.
- Double-click on the background to open the Diagram Properties dialog.
- Click on the Diagram tab and, in the Appearance panel ensure that the Show Page Border checkbox is selected.
- On the Page Setup panel, click on the Advanced button. The Print Advanced dialog displays.
- Click on the Page Setup button. The Page Setup dialog displays.
As you adjust the settings on this dialog, the page icon at the top illustrates the effects of your changes.
- In the Size field, click on the drop-down arrow and select an appropriate page size.
- In the Orientation panel click on the radio button for the orientation of the page to print.
- In the Margins panel, type the required left, right, top and bottom page margins for the diagram, in inches.
- Click on the OK button on the Page Setup dialog, the Print Advanced dialog, and the Diagram Properties dialog.
The area within the page boundary lines on your diagram is expanded or reduced accordingly. When you print or print preview, the output is cropped to these boundary lines and the diagram divided between the necessary number of pages.
Setting the Default Paper Size for New Diagrams
You can set the default paper size for new diagrams on the Diagram page of the Options dialog (select the Tools | Options | Diagram menu option). Once the paper size is set there, all new diagrams have that as the default size.
See the Configure Local Options - Diagram topic.