Show Element Use
You can display the use of an element using the Element Usage dialog. This lists all occurrences of the element throughout the model, and enables you to easily navigate to any occurrence.
To show element usage, follow the steps below:
- Select an element in a diagram.
- Select the Element | Find in Diagrams menu option. Alternatively, press [Ctrl]+[U]. If the element exists in other diagrams, the Element Usage dialog displays, listing all occurrences of the current element in diagrams in the model.
- If you want to display the usage information in a more readable layout, you can resize the dialog and its columns.
- Double-click on a line item to open the relevant diagram and display the selected element (the Element Usage dialog remains open), or
- Click on the Open button to display the selected diagram and close the Element Usage dialog.
You can also access this feature from the Project Browser; select an element in the tree and select the Element | Find in Diagrams menu option. If there is only one instance of the element in any diagram, that diagram displays instead.