Tree Style Hierarchy
In Enterprise Architect you can create a tree style inheritance diagram using a special form of the Generalization connector, as shown below.
The Son ->Parent connector has not yet been put in Tree Style - Vertical style.
This style of diagram provides a clearer layout for inheritance hierarchies and is easy to work with.
Create a Tree Style Connector
To create a tree style connector, follow the steps below:
- Create a normal Generalization between two elements.
- Right-click on the connector to open the context menu.
- Select the Line Style | Tree Style - Vertical or the Line Style | Tree Style - Horizontal menu option.
- Enterprise Architect automatically makes the Generalization layout conform to a specific shape. By adding more Generalization connectors, and checking their Tree Style options, you can achieve the appearance of the diagram above. You can slide the root and child Classes left and right to achieve the required result; Enterprise Architect maintains the conformity of the branch connectors.
Set the Default Connector Style
To set this style of connector as default, follow the steps below:
- Select the Tools | Options | Links menu option. The Links page of the Options dialog displays.
- Select the Generalization link style Default = Tree checkbox to make this branching style the default style for inheritance connectors.