Toolbox Shortcut Menu
To add elements and connectors into a diagram, you can access the Toolbox shortcut menu instead of employing the full graphical Toolbox.
The menu provides options to select:
- Elements specific to the current diagram type (Use Case in the example shown below)
- Relationships specific to the current diagram type
- Elements and relationships from any pages pinned in the Toolbox
- Common elements and relationships
- Elements and connectors for other diagram types.
The advantage of using the Toolbox shortcut menu is that it provides an increased amount of the workspace to be used for diagramming rather than to display fixed (instead of pop-up) menus.
To use the Toolbox shortcut menu, follow the steps below:
- Open a diagram.
- Click on the diagram background and press [Insert] or [Spacebar]
- Press and hold [Ctrl] and right-click on the diagram background.
The shortcut menu displays, listing the current diagram-type elements and connectors.
- If necessary, select the Other option or a pinned Toolbox page option to list elements and connectors for a different diagram type.
- Select the element or connector to include in the diagram. The object is added to the diagram.
If you select the Other context menu option, the final menu in the sequence offers the Activate <Type> Toolbox option. This opens and activates the corresponding page in the Toolbox, if the Toolbox is visible.
As with the Toolbox itself, if an MDG Technology:
the pinned Technology pages override and replace the pinned UML or Extended pages in the initial Toolbox shortcut menu.