Create a Requirements Model
The SysML Requirements Model provides the system requirements, the expected abstract behavior and the operating constraints that the designed system must conform to.
The following diagram shows an example requirements model for a Portable Audio Player.
In the example Requirements Model, each of the child packages contains child models that capture the following aspects of the system's requirements:
- The Specifications package contains SysML Requirements describing the overall expectations of the designed system.
- The Use Cases package contains SysML Use Cases that describe the general interaction between the system and its users.
- The Interactions package contains SysML Interactions that describe a detailed sequence of interactions between the system and its users.
- The State Machines package contains SysML State Machines that describe each of the operational states the designed system has.
- The Constraint Blocks package contains SysML ConstraintBlocks that describe the expected performance and operating boundaries of the system.