Create Structured Tagged Values
To create your own Tagged Value based on a predefined structured Tagged Value Type, follow the steps below:
- Select the Settings | UML menu option. The UML Types dialog displays. Select the Tagged Value Types tab.
- Click on the New button.
- In the Tag Name field type an appropriate Tagged Value name.
- In the Description field type the purpose of the Tagged Value, if required.
- In the Detail field copy-and-paste or type the syntax of the predefined structured Tagged Value Type.
In the example above (which is used in the definition of a field to enable a user to set a sports handicap) the predefined type is Spin, with the Upper and Lower Bounds set for the field values. (Spin is the Microsoft term for selection arrows in a variable field - the user clicks on the arrows to increase or decrease the value between the upper and lower bound limits.)
- Click on the Save button.
The Tagged Value type displays in the Defined Tag Types list.
The material ("material" includes all pages, documents and on-line graphics) on this web site is protected by copyright law. (C) 1998-2010 Sparx Systems Pty Ltd.