Within Enterprise Architect you can create external Requirement elements in a number of ways, such as:
- Dragging a Requirement icon from the Toolbox into a specific diagram (which also adds the Requirement to the diagram's parent package - see below)
- Generating an element within a specific package in the Project Browser - see below
- Importing requirements from a spreadsheet application such as Excel, via CSV
- Creating Requirement elements on the Element List for the selected package or diagram
- Converting an internal responsibility into an external element, in a selected target package
- Importing requirements from another requirements management tool, such as Telelogic DOORS (in this case via the Sparx Systems MDG Link For DOORS integration tool).
To create Requirement elements in a diagram, follow the steps below:
- Open the Custom pages on the Toolbox.
- Drag the Requirement element onto the current diagram.
- Enter the Name and other details for the requirement.
Enterprise Architect creates a Requirement element in the current diagram and in the diagram's parent package.
To create a requirement directly in the Project Browser, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the required parent package to open the context menu.
- Select the Insert | New Element menu option. Alternatively, press [Ctrl]+[M].
- In the New Element dialog select the Requirement type.
- Enter the Name (or select Auto) and click on the OK button.
Enterprise Architect creates a requirement in the current package.