Define Tasks Pane Toolboxes
A Tasks Pane toolbox is defined by a «stereotype» Class that extends a «metaclass»ToolboxPage element. These elements must be owned by a «profile» package. Each «stereotype» Class represents the contents of the Tasks Pane for a given context, and each attribute of the «stereotype» Class defines a command button in the Tasks Pane. The following diagram shows an example of a Tasks Pane toolbox.
The title bar of the Tasks Pane toolbox is defined by the Alias of the «stereotype» Class, in this case Debugging Profile. This example uses the following standard attribute types:
- EASystem::MenuCmd. These entries name an Enterprise Architect main menu command inside round brackets. See the complete list of inbuilt commands. Type the text to appear in the Tasks Pane into the Initial Value field.
- EASystem::ShowHelp. These entries name a page from the EA User Guide inside round brackets. To find out the names of pages in the EA User Guide, right-click on the page and select the Properties context menu option. Type the text to appear in the Tasks Pane into the Initial Value field.
- EASystem::ShowMovie. These entries give the URL of a movie inside round brackets. Type the text to appear in the Tasks Pane into the Initial Value field.
- SEPARATOR. This entry indicates that a separator should be placed in the Tasks Pane toolbox. If it is necessary to place multiple separators in a single toolbox, note that Enterprise Architect does not allow identically named attributes for a Class: simply change the case of one or more letters to get around the problem.
Other useful attributes include:
- EASystem::ShowURL. This entry gives the URL of a web page inside round brackets. Type the text to appear in the Tasks Pane into the Initial Value field.
- isCommon: A boolean attribute with Initial Value set to True, defines a Tasks Pane toolbox as context-free and common, appearing for all contexts
- You can also run Add-In functions from the Tasks Pane.
The next step is to create a set of Tasks Pane Contexts.