Edit Transitions In Value Lifeline
After you have added states to the Value Lifeline element, you can add transitions via the diagram. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Move the cursor above the transition line. The cursor changes form ().
- Click the mouse button. The New Transition Event dialog displays.
- In the Transition To field, click on the drop-down arrow and select a state from the list of available states; this displays on the Lifeline element within the transition box. The remaining fields on the dialog are optional.
- In the Event field, type the name of the event that the transition represents; this displays on the Lifeline element just below and at the start of the transition line.
- In the Duration Constraint field, type any constraint on the duration of the transition; this displays on the Lifeline element, along the top of the element over the transition.
- In the Time Constraint field, type any constraint on the start of the transition. This displays on the Lifeline element at the start of the transition, just after the Event name.
- Click on the OK button to create the new transition.
To edit a transition, follow the steps below:
- Click on the state name in the transition. Alternatively, right-click on the state name to display the context menu, and select the Edit menu option.
The Edit Transition dialog displays; this is the same as the New Transition Event dialog, except that the At Time field is enabled.
- If necessary, overtype the At Time field to define a different start point.
You cannot change the At Time field for the first state in the timeline; this is always 0.
- Edit the remaining fields as necessary.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.
Change the Transition Time
To change the start or end time of a transition, click on the start or end point of the transition and drag it to the new position. While on the line, the cursor shape changes to the horizontal movement cursor ().
To delete a transition, press and hold [Ctrl] and click on the transition state name. While you hold [Ctrl] on the transition state name, the cursor changes form (7).
Alternatively, right-click on the state name to display the context menu, and select the Delete menu option.