Export a Profile
Once you have created a Profile and defined the elements and metaclasses, you can save (export) the Profile to disk for future models.
To save a Profile, follow the steps below:
- If your profile is
- a single profile spread over multiple diagrams within the same Profile package, find the Profile package in the Project Browser window, right-click on it and select the Save Package as UML Profile context menu option
- one of multiple profiles within the same Profile package, right-click anywhere in the background of the Profile diagram and select the Save as Profile context menu option
- a single diagram within the Profile package, choose either the Save Package as UML Profile context menu option or the Save as Profile context menu option.
The two menu options give slightly different results. See Save Profile Options.
- The Save UML Profile dialog displays.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button, and select the export destination for the XML Profile file. If necessary, edit the profile filename, but do not delete the .xml extension.
- In the Profile Type field, use the default EA UML(2.x) (if necessary, click on the drop-down arrow and select this value).
The drop-down list is not available unless the package has the <<profile>> stereotype.
- Set the required export options for all stereotypes defined in the profile:
- Element Size - select the checkbox to export the element size attributes
- Color and Appearance - select the checkbox to export the color (background, border and font) and appearance (border thickness) attributes
- Alternate Image - select the checkbox to export the metafile images
- Code Templates - select the checkbox to export the code templates, if they exist.
- Click on the Save button to save the profile to disk.
For information on importing and using the profile in modeling, see the Use Profiles topic.