Import a UML Profile
To import a Profile you must have a suitable Profile XML file, such as the Profiles supplied on the Sparx Systems website at www.sparxsystems.com/uml_profiles.htm. If the Profile includes references to any metafiles, they should be in the same directory as the Profile XML file.
Import a Profile
To import a Profile, follow the steps below:
- Open the Resources window (View | Other Project Tools | Resources).
- Right-click on the UML Profiles tree node and select the Import Profile context menu option. The Import UML Profile dialog displays.
- Locate the XML Profile file to import using the [ ... ] (Browse) button.
- Set the required import option checkboxes for all stereotypes defined in the Profile; you can select:
- Element Size - to import the element size attributes
- Color and Appearance - to import the color (background, border and font) and appearance (border thickness) attributes
- Alternate Image - to import the metafile image
- Code Templates - to import the code templates if they exist
- Overwrite Existing Templates - to overwrite any existing code templates defined in the current project.
- Click on the Import button. The Profile is added to the UML Profiles folder.
If the Profile already exists, Enterprise Architect prompts you to overwrite the existing version and import the new one (or cancel). Once the import is complete, the Profile is ready to use.