You can insert a new Transition using one of the following methods:
- Right-click on the cell in which to create a Transition, to display the context menu
- If the State Machine table format is State-Trigger or Trigger-State, the context menu lists the States you can choose as the target of the Transition; click on the required State name to create the Transition
- If the State Machine table format is State-Next State, click on the Insert Transition menu option to create the Transition.
- In the State Relationships page of the Toolbox, select the Transition element, then click on the cell in the State Machine table in which to create the Transition. Double-click on the Transition to define it in the Transition Properties dialog.
Change the Transition
As for the State Chart diagram, to change the properties of a Transition double-click the Transition cell and edit the details on the Transition Properties dialog.
Change Transition States
You can change the source and target of the Transition by right-clicking the Transition and selecting the Advanced | Set Source and Target context menu option.
Alternatively, you can change the Transition source, target or Trigger by clicking on the Transition and dragging it to a different cell.
If the State Machine table format is either State-Trigger or Trigger-State, you can change the target state of a transition by:
- Highlighting the target state name in the Transition cell and clicking on it to display a list of the states in the table.
- Clicking on the preferred target state name.
Highlight States and Trigger Related to Transition
You can select options to highlight the source State, target State and Trigger cells associated with a Transition, using the Highlight Options panel on the State Machine Diagram: Options dialog. When you click on the Transition cell its associated State and Trigger cells are highlighted.
Alternatively, click on the Transition cell and press and hold [L].