Extensions - MDG Technologies
Enterprise Architect is the core for a range of Model Driven Generation (MDG) Add-Ins that enable you to extend its modeling capabilities to use more specialized, niche frameworks and profiles. Some of these, such as Archimate, BPEL, BPMN, Data Flow Diagrams, Eriksson-Penker Extensions, ICONIX, Mind Mapping, Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and SPEM are already provided with the Enterprise Architect installer.
Sparx Systems also market a number of MDG products, as follows:
- MDG Technology For:
- Zachman Framework
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Department Of Defense Architecture Framework - Ministry Of Defence Architecture Framework (DoDAF-MODAF)
- Data Distribution Service (DDS)
- Strategic Modeling
- Python (for Enterprise Architect versions 4.5 to 5.0; integrated in later versions) (* free product! *)
- CORBA (* free product! *)
- Java Beans (* free product! *)
- Testing (* free product! *)
- MDG Integration For:
- Eclipse 3.3
- Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
- Siemens PLM Teamcenter Systems Engineering (TcSE)
- MDG Link For
- Visual Studio.Net
- Microsoft Visio (* free product! *)
- Telelogic DOORS
Over time, this list is being extended to include further products.
Sparx Systems provide different editions of Enterprise Architect tailored for systems engineering and business engineering, or both together. These editions incorporate several of the above MDG Technologies and other add-ins.
For the latest list of available Add-Ins and an introduction to each product, including details of pricing, purchasing and download options, see the Products Page on the Sparx Systems website. When you purchase one of the Add-Ins, you receive one or more license keys and instructions on obtaining, installing and registering the product.
The information page for most products provides a link to download the product User Guide in .pdf format.
The product User Guide can also be displayed as a .chm file online within the product itself. To access this online help in Enterprise Architect, select the Add-Ins | <productname> | Help menu option.