Model a BPEL Process
The BPEL Process in Enterprise Architect represents the top-level container for the BPEL elements, from which BPEL can be generated. Conceptually it maps to the BPEL process element.
To create a BPEL Process in your BPEL model, follow the steps below:
- Open or create a BPEL diagram.
- Open the BPMN 1.1 pages of the Toolbox (More tools | BPMN 1.1).
- Drag a BPEL Process element from the Toolbox onto the diagram. The BPEL Properties dialog displays.
- In the Name field, type a name for the BPEL Process.
- The Query Language field defaults to XPath 1.0. The Process Type field is pre-set to Private (Enterprise Architect can generate BPEL from private processes only) and the Ad Hoc field is pre-set to False.
- Click on the OK button to close the dialog.
To return to the BPEL Properties dialog for subsequent editing:
- Double-click on the element in the Project Browser (the Shows Properties option must be selected in the Double click on browser panel of the Options dialog) or
- Right-click on the element in the diagram or Project Browser and select the BPEL | BPEL Properties context menu option.
The BPEL Process element is a stereotyped Activity that, when created, has a child diagram. Double-click on the element to display the diagram, and use further elements from the BPMN 1.1 Core page of the Toolbox to model the process; specifically:
On the BPMN 1.1 Core page, the following elements are not mappable to BPEL:
- Create a BPEL Model
- Model a Sequence Flow Connector
- Create Assignments
- Generate BPEL
- Create a BPEL Web Service
- BPEL Model Validation