A Pool represents a Participant in a Process and does not map to any specific BPEL element. Enterprise Architect uses Pools to represent external Participants, with which the BPEL Process communicates. These are 'black box' pools; that is, they are abstract and do not expose any details (they do not contain any BPMN elements inside them).
To create a new Pool in your model, follow the steps below.
- Open a BPEL diagram created under a BPEL Process.
- Drag the Pool element from the BPMN 1.1 Core page of the Toolbox onto the diagram. The BPEL Properties dialog displays.
- In the Name field, type a name for the Pool element.
Click on the UML button if you need to define further properties of the Activity, using the normal element Properties dialog.
Alternatively, right-click on the element and select the Properties context menu option.
- Click on the OK button to close the dialog.
To return to the BPEL Properties dialog for subsequent editing:
- Double-click on the element in the diagram or Project Browser (the Shows Properties option must be selected in the Double click on browser panel of the Options dialog) or
- Right-click on the element in the diagram or Project Browser and select the BPEL | BPEL Properties context menu option.