Model a Sequence Flow Connector
A Sequence Flow connector shows the order in which the activities (Tasks and Events) are performed in a BPEL Process.
Create Sequence Flow
To create a new Sequence Flow connector in your model, follow the steps below.
- Open a BPEL diagram created under a BPEL Process.
- Click on the Sequence Flow connector from the BPMN 1.1 Relationships page of the Toolbox, then click on the start element and drag across to the target element on the diagram. Double-click on the connector to display the Properties dialog.
If the Sequence Flow connector has a non-Gateway element as the start element, the Properties dialog displays as shown below:
You cannot change anything on this dialog; go to step 5.
If the Sequence Flow connector has a Gateway as the start element, the Properties dialog initially displays as above but with the Assignments field enabled. An Activity behaves as a Gateway if it is the source for more than one Sequence Flow.
- In the Condition group-box, in the Type field, either leave the value as None for the condition on the connector, or click on the drop-down arrow and select Default (the ELSE in an IF...THEN...ELSE statement) or Expression.
If you select Expression: all fields are enabled and:
- (Optional) In the Assignments panel, click on the [ ... ] button and select one or more Assignment elements from the list of Assignments created in the Supporting Elements package.
Click on the UML button if you need to define further properties of the connector, using the normal Control Flow connector Properties dialog.
Alternatively, right-click on the connector and select the ControlFlow Properties context menu option.
- Click on the OK button to close the dialog.
To return to the BPEL Properties dialog for subsequent editing:
- Double-click on the connector in the diagram or
- Right-click on the connector in the diagram and select the BPEL | BPEL Properties context menu option.