Set Default Behavior
The General page of the Options dialog provides several options for altering the look and behavior of the Project Browser.
To access the General page, select the Tools | Options | General menu option.
In the Double click on browser panel, select the appropriate radio button.
- Shows Properties - double-clicking an item in the Project Browser opens a Property dialog (if available) for that element
- Opens Branch - double-clicking an item in the Project Browser expands the tree to show the item's children; if there are no children, nothing happens
- Opens Branch & Diagram - as above, but also opens the first diagram beneath the item, if applicable.
Enable Free Sorting
The General page of the Options dialog, in the Project Browser panel, select the Allow Free Sorting checkbox. This enables you to re-order elements within a package regardless of type, within the Project Browser.
For example, below, the element Class3 has been moved from its original position with the other Class elements, to a point amongst the Action elements.
You move elements using the icon (moves the element further up the tree) and icon (moves the element further down the tree) in the Project Browser toolbar.
- On the Options dialog, in the Project Browser panel, select the Show Stereotypes checkbox.
- When prompted, shut down and restart Enterprise Architect to enable this change to take effect.
As shown in the above screen, when a stereotype is defined for an element, the stereotype name then displays in front of the element name (see Action4 and Activity1).
You set the stereotype of an element in its Properties dialog.