Relationship Matrix Options
The Relationship Matrix provides a menu of options that enable you to:
- Output the information on the Relationship Matrix to the printer or to a metafile, .png file or .csv file
- Create and update profiles of the configurations of the matrix that you have designed
- Define local settings to control what the Relationship Matrix displays.
Click on the Options button on the Relationship Matrix and click on the Matrix menu option. The following submenu displays:
Print Relationship Matrix
To print a WYSIWYG representation of the Relationship Matrix contents, click on the Print option. The Print dialog displays, on which you select the output printer and specify the printer properties, the range of pages to print, and the number of copies.
If you want to check what the matrix might look like on the page before you print, click on the Print Preview menu option. This displays the Print Preview screen.
When you print the Relationship Matrix, by default it prints on as many pages wide and long as the matrix requires. You can scale the printout into a fixed number of pages wide, and the row height is automatically adjusted to maintain the proportions of the matrix. This reduces the overall size of the printout and improves appearance, especially when used in conjunction with the Landscape option in the printer properties. For example, a 16-page printout without scaling can, with a scaling of 2 pages wide, be reduced to 6 pages.
To set the page scaling, click on the Scale Setting menu option. The Scale Matrix dialog displays.
Select the Scale Matrix Width Into Pages checkbox, and type or select the number of pages in width to scale to. Click on the OK button to apply the setting.
Save Relationship Matrix as Graphic File
To save the current Relationship Matrix output as a graphic, click on the Save as Metafile or Save as PNG options. A Browser dialog displays that enables you to select the target file location and specify the filename of the .emf or .png file in which to save the output.
You can incorporate these files in an RTF or HTML report, as a hyperlinked file or an included file.
Click on the Options button on the Relationship Matrix and click on the Options menu option. The Matrix Options dialog displays.
Select from the following options:
- Include Source Children - to recursively include child packages and contents under the Source
- Include Target Children - to recursively include child packages and contents under the Target
- Include All Extended Meta Types - to include elements that are extensions of a specified meta-type. For example, if there are Block elements (extending Class) in the package, selecting this option and specifying the type Class includes Class and Block elements, and any further derivatives of Block in the matrix.
- Sort Axes - to ensure package elements display in alphabetical order
- Show Package Names - to hide or show package names in the Relationship Matrix; this is useful for shortening the displayed texts, especially in circumstances where packages have long names
- Use Element Alias If Available - to display an element's alias instead of the element name, if an alias has been defined
- Show Level Numbering If Available - to reproduce level numbering in the Relationship Matrix, if it is turned on in the Project Browser; see the screen illustration in the Relationship Matrix topic.