Batch XMI Import
You can import a group of controlled packages in one step, using the Batch XMI Import facility.
To import a group of controlled packages, follow the steps below:
- Select the Project | Import/Export | Batch XMI Import menu option. The Batch XMI Import dialog displays.
- Select the checkbox against each package to include in the import. Select the Select All checkbox to select all packages in the list.
To avoid re-importing the same module multiple times, select the Check file date before import checkbox. Enterprise Architect then does not import a file if the last import file date matches that of the one currently on disk.
- To save this configuration as the default, click on the Save Settings button.
- Click on the Run Import button. Enterprise Architect cycles through the packages and imports each selected package.
As Enterprise Architect processes each package, it updates the Status column against each package name on the Batch XMI Import dialog.
- If the import is successful, Enterprise Architect updates the package status to Imported.
- If the import is unsuccessful, Enterprise Architect updates the package status to Not Imported.
Common reasons for an import to fail include:
- The package not being correctly configured
- The last import file date matches the import date of the file currently on disk.