Configure Controlled Package
Before working on a package under version control, you must define it as a controlled package and specify the version control configuration to use.
In the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect, if security is enabled you must have Configure Packages permission to configure packages for version control.
Configure a Version Controlled Package
To configure a version controlled package, follow the steps below:
- In the Project Browser, right-click on the package to place under version control. The context menu displays.
- Click on the Package Control | Configure menu option. The Package Control Options dialog displays.
- Select the Control Package checkbox to indicate that this is a controlled package.
- Click on the Version Control drop-down arrow and select the version control repository; this connects the package to a specific version control configuration.
The XMI Filename field then displays the version control configuration default path.
- The Version ID field defaults to 1.0; if necessary, change this to the appropriate reference.
- The Owner field defaults to your user name; if necessary, type or select the name of the user who owns the package.
- Click on the OK button to set the version control options. The Add Package to Version Control dialog displays.
- If you do not want to check-out the package immediately, clear the Keep checked out checkbox.
- Click on the OK button. The Add Comment window displays.
This window displays the date and time at which the package was put under version control.
- If required, type any further comments in the window. Click on the OK button.
Enterprise Architect places the package under the version control configuration you selected, and marks the package in the Project Browser with the version controlled checked out or not checked out icons, as appropriate.