Progress OpenEdge Repository
This feature is available in the Corporate, Business and Software Engineering, System Engineering and Ultimate editions.
In order to use an OpenEdge repository, you must connect to it in Enterprise Architect first; follow the steps below:
- In the Open Project dialog, select the Connect to Server checkbox or, on the Start Page, click on the Connect to Server link.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button; the Data Link Properties dialog displays.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from the list.
- Click on the Next button. The Connection tab displays.
- In the Use data source name field, click on the drop-down arrow and select the ODBC driver you have set up to connect to your OpenEdge repository. In the setup example the driver title is openedge_ea.
- Enter the User name and Password.
- Enter the initial catalog.
- Click on the All tab, and double-click on Extended Properties.
- In the Property Value field, edit the value to: DefaultSchema=PUB.
- Click on the Connection tab again, and click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If the test does not succeed, revise your settings. If the test succeeds, click on the OK button; the Logon to Progress dialog displays.
- Check the details, and click on the OK button; the Connection Name & Type dialog displays. Complete the connection process as described in the Define Connection Name and Type procedure.
The material ("material" includes all pages, documents and on-line graphics) on this web site is protected by copyright law. (C) 1998-2010 Sparx Systems Pty Ltd.