Connect To Oracle Via ODBC Driver
This process has two stages:
- Create ODBC Driver connection in Windows
- Connect to Repository in Enterprise Architect.
Create ODBC Driver Connection
- Select the WindowsTM Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources (ODBC) option. The ODBC Data Source Administrator window displays.
- Click on the Add button. The Create New Data Source dialog displays, enabling you to add a new DSN.
- Select Oracle in OraDB11g_home1 (or similar, depending on the ODBC installation).
- Click on the Finish button. The Oracle ODBC Driver Configuration dialog displays.
- Enter the following configuration details:
- A data source name for the connection
- A description (optional)
- The TNS Service Name (click on the drop-down arrow and select from the list)
- The User ID.
- Click on the Test Connection button and enter the Oracle user password to confirm that the details are correct.
- Click on the OK button to complete the ODBC connection.
Connect To Repository
- In the Open Project dialog, select the Connect to Server checkbox or, on the Start Page, click on the Connect to Server link.
- Click on the [ ... ] (Browse) button; the Data Link Properties dialog displays.
- Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers from the list.
- Click on the Next button. The Connection tab displays.
- Select the Data Source name from the drop-down list, and type in the database User Name and Password.
- Click on the Test Connection button to confirm that the details are correct.
- If your test did not succeed, revise your settings. If your test succeeded, click on the OK button; Oracle prompts you for the password.
- Enter the password and click on the OK button; the Connection Name & Type dialog displays. Complete the connection process as described in the Define Connection Name and Type procedure.
The material ("material" includes all pages, documents and on-line graphics) on this web site is protected by copyright law. (C) 1998-2010 Sparx Systems Pty Ltd.